Medical Universities in Kyrgyzstan are recognized in the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”. This Listing makes a student graduating from such medical university colleges and Medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan eligible to appear for many of the tests like the USMLE, PLAB and also the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, India, under the directive of Medical Council Of India. This has lead to an ever increasing number of international students making their way to Kyrgyzstan to study like the General Medicine and Surgery(MBBS), dental course or dentistry (BDS),M.D/M.S/M.D.S Course. Every Year hundreds of international students come to Kyrgyzstan to study medical. Kyrgyzstan is fast becoming one of the most favored destinations in central Asia.
Degree of MD (Doctor of Medicine) is awarded, a widely recognized and accepted in most countries including USA, European and Japan.
1. He /she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course.
2. He/she has passed the higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two year of study comprising of physics, chemistry, biology.
3. The student should have obtained 50% marks in the 12th standard examination. SC/ST and OBC category Students are eligible with 40% marks in aggregate in the 12th standard examination.
MBBS course is of six years.In the first five years, students are imparted knowledge on the basics of medical sciences and clinical studies and the last year is solely dedicated to practical training in hospital attached to the university. This course utilizes modules that are technically supported by the World Health Organization. Universities have also introduced credit hours system in this course
Why MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
Here are some points about why should you go for MBBS Study in Kyrgyzstan.
- Admission by simple application, NO ENTRANCE, Easy student Careers application process
- NO ENTRANCE | NO DONATION I LOW FEE
- Premier Universities and Ranked the Best in the country.
- International Degree: Recognized by WHO, Medical Council of India, FAIMER
- Entire education in English Medium.
- Recognized by International Association of Universities, Medical Council of over 180 countries
- High Quality Education.
- Only 10 students per class. Individual attention.
- MCI Recognized: Eligible for Govt. Jobs and PG Courses in India
- The educational fees are very low due to subsidy by the Government.
- Affordable medical study tuition fees and living expenses
- Proven excellent academic standards
- Best opportunities for clinical exposure at university run hospitals
- Low Cost, High Demand, Limited Seats
- International airport is only 4hrs away from India making it easy accessible from Delhi.
Facts about Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyz Republic or Kyrgyzstan is located in Central Asia and is one of the six independent Turkic states. This landlocked republic is bordered by Kazakhstan to the north, Uzbekistan to the west, Tajikistan to the southwest and People’s Republic of China to the east.
The name Kyrgyz is believed to have been derived from the Turkic word for forty, which has a reference to the forty clans of Manas, the legendary hero who united forty regional clans against the Uyghers. Kyrgyz is also thought to mean unconquerable.
The territory of Kyrgyzstan covers an area of 77, 181 square miles, and has a total population of 5,482,200.
Geographic coordinates: 41 00 N, 75 00E
Area : 198.500 Sq Km (76,640 sq miles).
Land Boundaries : Uzbekistan – 1,099 Km, Kazakstan- 1,051 Km, Tajikistan – 87- Km, China- 858 Km
CAPITAL OF KYRGYZSTAN
Bishkek is the capital of Kyrgyzstan, and covers a total area of 49 square miles. Its estimated population is 1,250,000. It is the administrative center of Chuy Province which surrounds the city. It was formerly known as Pishpek and Frunze.
LARGEST CITY IN KYRGYZSTAN
The capital of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek, is the largest city of the country. The city was found in 1825 as the Kyrgyz-Khokand fortress of Bishkek. In 1862 it was named as the Russian fortress Pishpek, and in 1926 it was renamed Frunze after Mikhail Frunze, the Bolshevik military leader. In 1991, the parliament of Kyrgyz restored the city’s historical name.
CURRENCY OF KYRGYZSTAN
The currency of Kyrgyzstan is the Som, which replaced the Soviet ruble on May 10, 1993. Its ISO 4217 currency code is KGS. It is subdivided into 100 tyiyn.
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF KYRGYZSTAN
Kyrgyzstan became a bilingual country in September 1991. It is one of the two former Soviet Republics in central Asia to have Russian as its official language, along with Kyrgyz. The Kyrgyz language belongs to the Turkic group of languages.
RELIGION OF KYRGYZSTAN
Islam is the dominant religion of Kyrgyzstan, although during Soviet regime, state atheism was encouraged. Although the country is a secular state, Islam has exerted a growing influence in politics. 80% of the population is Muslim, while 17% follow Russian Orthodoxy and 3% other religions.
Transportation of Kyrgyzstan is well- developed and diverse systems of public transport, including Railways, Buses, water ways, Airports etc.
Football is the most popular sport in Kyrgyzstan. The official governing body is the football federation of Kyrgyzstan Republic. Wrestling, Ice hockey, The Kyrgyz national team took Kyrgyzstan’s first medal at the Asian Winter Games.
CLIMATE OF KYRGYZSTAN
Kyrgyzstan has a continental climate with cold winters and warm summers. In the lowlands, the temperature ranges from around -6°C (21°F) in January to 24°C (75°F) in July. In the low-lying Fergana Valley of the south temperatures may peak as high as the low 40s in summer.
List of Universities
Asian Medical Institute, Kant
OSH Medical University, Osh
Jalalabad State University, Jalalabad
Kyrgyz State Medical University, Bishkek
International School of Medicine Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek